Monday, January 2, 2017

Ben Affleck Unsure About Making Solo Batman Movie

After donning the infamous cape in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and the upcoming Justice League, Ben Affleck is set to reprise the role of the Caped Crusader once again in an upcoming solo Batman movie tentatively titled The Batman. For the past year or so, Affleck was set to direct said flick. However, the Academy Award winning director recently made some comments suggesting he might not step behind the camera.

 

In an interview with The Guardian, regarding his plans to direct The Batman, Affleck said “That’s the idea.” However, he went on to explain that it is in no way a done-deal, “it’s not a set thing and there’s no script. If it doesn’t come together in a way I think is really great I’m not going to do it.”

 

Back in July, Affleck said, via Collider“I don’t have a script that’s ready yet. … My timetable is I’m not going to make a movie until there’s a script that I think is good because I’ve been on the end of the things when you make movies when you have a script that’s not good yet and it doesn’t pan out.” Luckily, I think we can all take a breath and realize our Dark Knight is in good hands, “I have a script, we’re still working on it, and I’m not happy enough with it yet to actually go out there and make a Batman movie, for which I have the highest of standards, I would say. … That’s something that would have to pass a very high bar for me. It’s not just like, ‘Yeah, that might be fun, let’s go try this out.’”

 

There is currently no release date for The BatmanJustice League will be released Nov. 17, while Affleck’s Live By Night is now open in select cities, opening in wide release Jan. 13.

 


Matt Goodman
via The Nerd Machine

http://www.nerdhq.com/ben-affleck-is-unsure-about-doing-solo-batman-movie/


Entertainment Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment