Thursday, June 16, 2016

CrafterNoon: Nerdy Father’s Day Card

by Jaime Whittaker (@JaimeW912)

Nerdy Father’s Day Card

Welcome my crafty nerds to this special CrafterNoon Nerdy Father’s Day Card tutorial! I made this card a few years back for the male floating head, Rich (listen to our non-podcast-podcast Nerds R Us if you’re not following!), so I decided to make it once again so that I could teach you how to make it step-by-step!

Materials

Step 1

You will need:

  • White paper
  • Brown construction paper
  • Red construction paper
  • Glue
  • Markers and/or colored pencils in black, blue, and red
  • Scissors

Step 1

step 2

Take your brown construction paper lengthwise horizontally and fold the ends toward the center to start creating the jacket as shown.

Step 2

step 3

Fold the top corners down a little to start forming the jacket lapels.

Step 3

step 4

Cut a triangle sliver out of each lapel to define them, then glue them down.

Step 4

step 5

Cut a piece of white paper wide enough to fill in the whole center of the card between the folds, and long enough to cover from top to bottom.

Step 5

step 6

Cut a piece of scrap you cut from the white paper into the collar shape like so. Glue to attach to the shirt.

Step 6

step 7

Now cut out a bow-tie shape from your red construction paper. You can draw on details like I did if you want. Glue to the center of the collar slightly poking out from the top of the card.

Step 7

step 8a

step 8b

I have seen this clever poem everywhere on the internet so I would not even begin to know who to credit for writing it, but I certainly did not come up with it on my own. You can certainly print this out if it is easier for you or you can just write it out. Just follow the steps I have outlined above.

Step 8

Almost done!

step 9

I added a little more detail to the jacket by drawing on buttons and button holes. You could also try a tweed looking scrap book paper if you wanted to instead of the brown construction paper!

There you have it! A simple, inexpensive, clever Doctor Who Nerdy Father’s Day Card! Let me know what you thought of this project and feel free to leave photos of your Nerdy Father’s Day Card creations below in the comments.

Stay Nerdy, my friends!

~Jams


admin
via The Nerd Machine

http://www.thenerdmachine.com/crafternoon-nerdy-fathers-day-card/


Entertainment Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment